Throbbing tooth
I had a root canal done for my tooth 10 yrs ago and it had a metal crown. Have faced no problems with it since. Yesterday the tooth felt a little loose and since then I can feel a throbbing sensation but no pain. Should i be worried?

Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..Usually sensation should not happen in a root canal treated tooth that to in a 10 year old. Go for proper evaluation of adjacent teeth from your dentist. Source of sensitivity could be from adjacent teeth having cavity. You can also undergo same or new crown fixing after getting rid of sensitivity. Regards
Dr. Rashmi Punhani
Pediatric Dentist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Hello there...it might be your metal cap that has become loose over a period of time... In my opinion, you should visit a nearby dentist for a proper diagnosis with x-ray ASAP. Take care ..!!
Dr. Mohammad Imran Khan
Dentist 9 yrs exp Lucknow
Hi as u said tooth felt lil loose might be the crown fixed got loose if so is the case it can be fixed again..and if the tooth in whole is mobile then u need to get an x-ray done of the tooth..for proper diagnosis...best is visit ur dentist for better diagnosis..best of luck take care