Telogen effluvium
Today I consulted Dr about my severe hair fall and she suggested me to take finasteride and adgain tablets each a day...can I start this? Is there any side effects of taking finasteride?

The hair cycle normally consists of growing, resting and falling hairs and there is a delicate balance between these stages of hair cycle. Normally hair should re-grow but if it is not happening, you should consider seeing a dermatologist. Greetings. The usage of finasteride depends on the cause of hair loss. It works only in male pattern baldness. Finasteride has a robust efficacy when taken daily for a period of atleast a year. If you and your dermatologist decide, that you should be on finasteride, then there are certain topics to be discussed and certain blood tests that has to be performed. You should be mentally prepared to take it for a period of atleast 6 months before declaring that finasteride did not work for you. Maximum benefits are seen at the end of one year. If you wish to discontinue finasteride, the beneficial effects of it will slowly reverse in a span of few months.
Further authentic information is in the following weblink https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/hair-and-scalp-problems/hair-loss
Avoid Self Medications.

Telogen effluvium regrowth