Teeth pain

My teeth pain when I eat ice cream. I brush daily twice a day and use a toothpaste for sensitive teeth. However it still hurts . I have regular checkups and don't have any cavities. What could the reason be.
views-icons 45 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Pranay
Dentist 8 yrs exp Bangalore

Hello very good evening the reason behind sensitive teeth is always the 2nd layer of teeth being exposed due to many reasons which I will mention below. 1. frequent friction happening between teeth due to bruxism or night grinding 2. any recent dental crwons being done and not done properly can lead to opp tooth wear and finally leading to enamel loss and eventually exposing the 2nd layer and causing sensitivity. 3. vigorous tooth brushing can also wear off the tooth. 4. dental cavties 5. acidity reflux into oral cavity also finally leading the loss of enamel and causing sensitivity 6. frequent consumption of food stuff like supari or rajnigandha can also cause enamel loss. so when the one of the above reasons exposes the 2nd layer the sensitivity of teeth arises the treatment for this includes always covering the 2nd layer with sensitivity tooth paste. or a filling or a cap depending on the severity of the condition the best sensitivity tooth would be to use will be Colgate pro relief.