Teeth Pain

I am getting teeth pain from past 3 days. I have visited doctor he said because of last teeth next one got infected. First we will remove the last one after that will do root canal for the next one. I went for x- Ray and now he is saying we will do root canal first latter we will remove the last one. Which one I have to follow? Pls suggest me. I am attaching x- ray also, pls have a look and one more thing extraction of last teeth is compulsory or not??

Doctor Answers (9) on Teeth Pain

Dr. Sanjay Shah Mumbai | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
I will tell u a unique case.  I was presented with a similar case and I did something which may be out of the book.  The patient was my wife and she was terrified of surgical extraction of the third molar.  So I did a root canal even in the mesioangular impacted 3rd molar. That was around 27 years ago.  The tooth was crowned in a unique way too.  she is still eating with those teeth, but having said that if u want the third molar to be removed plz do so after the root canal. Feel free to consult Laser Smile Care Centre. God bless u.
Hello..Your full mouth x ray shows that Last wisdom tooth is horizontally directed towards other tooth because of which other tooth getting infected.so better go for removal of last tooth followed by root canal treatment of pain tooth so that there will not be any problem during placement of cap for root canal treated tooth.
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
The diagnosis made by your dentist is absolutely correct and both teeth will be requiring treatment..... the last molar needs to be removed and the second last needs to be root canal treated..... the only problem if you go for extraction first will be the fact that root canal cannot be performed for at least one week after the extraction......and any pain in the tooth can only be treated by medications..... so it would be definitely advisable that you go for root canal treatment of second molar and immediately after its completion you can go for the extraction of the third molar..... the crown on the second molar can be placed after some time but make sure that you follow the instructions given by a dentist meticulously.... Regards.....
There is a clear rationale behind getting a root canal treatment first and then removing the wisdom tooth. After the surgical process of removing the wisdom tooth it may take a few days to a week to recover with regard to discomfort and swelling. Moreover there may be decreased mouth opening too for a few days. Hence your rct will get delayed by a week to 10 days which will result in you having to bear the pain for that much longer. Hence complete your rct or at least begin it first- then remove the wisdom tooth.
Just get the access opening of the tooth done when you go for extraction. In the same anasthesia. Later the root canal can be continued.
You should get the Root Canal first of the second molar and then get the third molar extracted . RCT will relieve you of pain and getting rid of third molar will save you from pain in future as that is getting infected too.
Dr. Lakshmi Roopesh Bangalore | Dental Surgeon
Yes, it is better to finish the RCT and then go for the extraction.  In your case the second molar got infected just because of wrongly positioned wisdom tooth. So extraction of the main culprit is most.
go for rct first it will give u pain relief and afterwards go for extraction
Go for root canal first... it will relive 90% of your pain....
After completing root canal its up to you that whether you wanted last teeth extracted or not....
In my opinion you should go for root canal followed by extraction of last teeth for better prognosis and good long term results...
Best wishes...
Thanks....