Tartar and Gum Recession

I brush my teeth regularly and I use Glister. I have tartar build on the back of my lower teeth and gum recession on the front. I haven't been to a dentist before and I don't want my teeth to be like this or worsen. Can they be cleaned or whatever back to normal?
views-icons 111 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..you need scaling from dentist. Tartar cannot be removed by brushing. Regards
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla
Oral Pathologist 11 yrs exp Faridabad

It is not possible to completely revert the damage of gum recession without surgical intervention of the gums..... the first step that you should aim for should be a visit to the dentist and getting teeth cleaning done..... this will revert your problem to a great extent and consecutively you can decide whether you want to go for gum surgery or not.... Regards......
Dr. Ankit Bahal
Dentist 13 yrs exp Lucknow

Hello. Please get your teeth cleaned as soon as possible. Tarter on teeth is one of the causes of recession on the teeth so if it is the cause in your case, it can easily be stopped by cleaning. Later if you feel, the gums can be grown back... Best wishes
Dr. Avadh Lalpuriya
Dentist 3 yrs exp Vadodara
First of all visit a dentist and get professional cleaning of ur teeth after that dentist will suggest u further..
Dr. Deepak Singh
Dentist 16 yrs exp Kanpur
Regular brushing with proper technique is important. Visit your dentist, get the oral prophylaxis(scaling) done. You will get your sparkling white smile back. The dentist will teach you the proper brushing technique.
Dr. Vishal Jain
Dentist 13 yrs exp Faridabad
You should visit to dentist as soon as possible. Get the professional tooth cleaning done. If there is a gum recession, dentist may advice you for the gum surgery and get it done. Some time if it is mild recession only scaling will help but it all depend on your x rays and clinical examination. Wish you a speedy recovery. Regards, Dr. Vishal Jain
scaling and polishing
Dr. N Srinivas
Dentist 15 yrs exp Hyderabad
Hello even though you brush regularly some surfaces of tooth won't be reached due to this tartar gets deposited and even how many times you brush regularly it matters & dietary habits. Please visit dentist so that deposits can be removed only by professional cleaning procedure. If you delay the gums will still recede down and don't worry your gums will recover & teeth will be tatar free.
Dr. Runjhun Agrawal
Dental Surgeon 3 yrs exp Rewa
hello, yes your teeth can be cleaned very well and restored back to normal. you just have to visit your nearby dentist.
Dr. Ragahvendra
Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist 8 yrs exp Bangalore
Stop spending money on  unwanted toothpastes . Get a thorough teeth cleaning done and use a normal toothpaste. Tooth paste and brush never solves issue alone as all are same concept. Your method of brushing , how many times u brush and your eating habits makes a sense to build tartar on teeth. Get more tips from your dentist.
Dr. Sapna Sharma
General Physician 7 yrs exp Pune
Yes sure, they can be cleaned by ultrasonic scaling and polishing. Depending on how much recession is present, treatment plan will vary. It would be better if you could visit a periodontist.