Stiffness of shin, calf

While running / jogging shin and calf gets stiffed and sometimes had to stop, take rest and run again. How to get rid of this ? At least at a stretch I want to run 4/5 kms but due to stiffness I can do for 2-3 kms. What should I do to make these elements more flexible?

Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
Physiotherapist 20 yrs exp Noida

Standing calf stretch Stand away from a wall and.put your fight foot behind you and be sure your toes are facing forward. Lean forward at the ankle while bending the right knee and keeping your heel on the ground. Hold this for 30 to 60 seconds. Repeat 10 times a twice a day.
Dr. J.Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neurosurgeon 17 yrs exp Chennai

Dear Sir Continue for three months If the problems persists even after three months of running / jogging, you have to consult an Orthopaedician

Hello there. I can understand your concern. Its a good thing to run every alternate day to maintain good health. But you need to take things slow. You need to gradually increase the intensity up a notch. Do some stretching excercises everyday and also before starting the run. Start the run by a brisk walk and then a jog and then break into the run. Take a multivitamin and multimineral supplement like cap. Absolut 3g once a day after food for 15 -20 days. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.