Shin injury
I was playing football and hurt my shit due to impact with another person's leg. On the day of the injury, there was a big lump like swelling on the shin(on the side), just below the calf. That swelling has somewhat subsided, just a small bony swelling now remains. But I've noticed that my ankle is getting a bit discolored. You can clearly see the difference in the color of the ankle. There is slight pain also when I touch it. Almost no pain while walking. I had show it to an Ortho sometime back who said it would heal. I have been going for physiotherapy for something else, where they do ultrasound for my shin as well, in order to reduce the swelling. Can someone please tell me if this is normal or should I consult a doctor again?

Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
Physiotherapist 20 yrs exp Noida

Quad Clenches: Lie flat on your back or sit upright on a chair with leg kept horizontally on another surface. Now, tighten the muscle on the front of the thigh by pushing your knee down. You should feel your thigh muscles clench, Hold for 3 secs. Repeat 10 times twice a day. Short Arcs: Lie flat on your back or sit upright with your leg placed horizontally on a flat surface like a chair or bed. Place a rolled up towel under the knee. Pull your toes towards you and clench you thigh muscles. Slowly lift your foot up off the bed until your knee is straight (keep your knee resting on the towel). Hold for 3 secs and slowly lower them on the chair. Repeat 10 times twice a day. Straight Leg Raise: Lie flat on your back. One leg and knee will be straight and other leg should be bent. Pull your toes towards you and tighten/clench the muscle on the front of the thigh, locking your knee straight. Lift your foot up in the air, about 6 inches off the bed. Hold for 3 secs and slowly lower the leg. The knee must remain straight the whole time you are doing this exercise.
Dr. Venu Madhav
Joint Replacement Surgeon 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Did u get x-rays done?
Dr. Madhusudhan.H.R
Orthopedic Surgeon 9 yrs exp Mysore

I will heal with time just wait
Dr. Umesh Solanki (PT)
Clinical Physiotherapist 6 yrs exp Delhi
Get an X-ray done if you haven't got it done yet. Do icing and take ultrasonic sessions and that should help you. And that redness under your calf and around ankle may be indicating some overstretched tissues.
Dr. Tanuj Garg (PT)
Physiotherapist 8 yrs exp Noida
In the pictures uploaded by you I can see swelling over the shin bone..it will go off by taking ultrasonic therapy and LASER with cold fermentation....u can also go for dry needling technique which will help in reducing the spasm of the muscle...this needle goes intramuscular and stimulates a twitch by which contracted muscle get relaxed and get back into action again.. get well soon.. take care