Sports injury

I was obese sometime back, so I started exercising. I used to initially walk and later started jogging. After about 8-9 months, I started developing some pain at the back of my right knee, ignored it for 2 months as It wasn't severe and I thought its sports injury will go away on its own but it became worse. did my x-ray and MRI, and the doctor said I have some sort of wound at the back of my knee cap. he said its nothing severe, you just need to stop any heavy intensity workout for eg: jogging, dancing, skipping rope, cardio workout, climbing stairs etc. it has been an year since this happened and after a few months right knee became fine but I developed the same kind of pain in left knee even though I wasn't jogging or doing any other kind of exercise. to get a second opinion as there was hardly any improvement, the second doctor also said its nothing severe, can be cured with time. however still 12 months have passed but I still have pain in left knee.

Doctor Answers (10) on Sports injury

Dr. R Murali Coimbatore | Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
Greetings, sorry to hear about your pain and very sad that you still have not found the solution. 

Going by your description it is a biomechanical issue (meaning muscles are not in a correct position to move joints.)  it is actually a patellar deviation problem (a triangle shaped bone in front of knee).

Doing ex will not help at this stage except stretching the hamstrings and calf muscles. Just ice around the knee twice a day for 5 min.

Go see a sports physio near you.  If you cannot locate a physio mail me details will assist you further.

Remember this is not a long standing case as it is, just lacked good diagnosis.

Dr. Deepak Relhan Delhi | Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist for Stroke
Consult a goo dolls Physiotherapist
Dr. Prakash Katariya Raipur | Physiotherapist
Knee cap , You mean Patella or other things.
Show your MRI Reports.
Dr. Divya Ahuja Mumbai | Orthopedic Surgeon
What activity gives you pain? Do you have any pain on walking? Do you have any pain on climbing stairs or getting down the stairs? Do you have any pain when trying to squat/or sit down? Do you have any pain on getting up from a chair? Do you have any pain while standing? How do you feel when you get up in the morning?
Get xrays of both knees standing AP view (with patella facing forward) and Lateral view
Start with Quads Drill, VMO Strengthening & Hip Abductor & Extensor exercises
Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Avoid sitting Cross legged. Avoid Squatting- Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the keen against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain. Core Strengthening Exercise- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams Stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. repeat 10 times, twice a day. Sports Taping- stretch the tape from both ends and apply on the affected area Contrast Fomentation (Hot and Cold).
DR. PRADEEP KUMAR SAHU Delhi | Orthopedic Physiotherapist
consult a good physiotherapist. need to diagnose d source of pain. then only exercise can b prescribed .
Dr. Rajesh Pal Gurgaon | Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
On the basis of your input it is very difficult to come to a diagnosis but I advice start doing hamstring and calf muscles stretching and quadriceps strengthening exercises on regular basis for 2-3 weeks. Avoid squatting, jogging, running etc.
If it's not improving then consult a good physiotherapist nearby.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello... There are many ligaments in knee ,which are fragile and delicate... Ligaments tears when it's stretched over in excess... There are Bursa around knee joint, inflammation of bursa cases bursitis... Probably it's ligament injury rest the limb, walk carefully ..it will heal...But you must reduce your weight ...if you cannot exercise change your diet. Have simple easily digestible foods.
Dr. Deepak Sikka (P.T) Delhi | Clinical Physiotherapist
I think u may have Baker's Cyst (Popleteal Cyst). U should go to any good Physiotherapist and take some physiotherapy sessions from him. Learn some benifecial exercises from the physiotherapist and do them regularly.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..
Well it would have been really helpful if you had shared mri reports as it would have been easy to assess your condition...i suggest you to consult an orthopaedician with the mri reports and take an opinion about it...please go for physiotherapy...thank you