Sleeping disorder

I am a student of 20 yrs . I am facing sleeping disorder since last 2 years may be due to stress and depression. I used to be a person who could sleep at any time and at any place. But since last 2 years i constantly face problem in sleeping. When i try to sleep at night my mind goes out of control and i start thinking foolish things and this lasts for more than 3 to 4 hours. As a result i am becoming a negative person day by day. I sleep around 6 to 7 A.M as a result i miss my colleges and get regular scolding from professors. I am a medical student studying physiotherapy. Plzz advice and help me.

Doctor Answers (3) on Sleeping disorder

Dr. Vikas Khanna Delhi | Hypnotherapist
Do not try hard to sleep, it will do the reverse . Be prepared not to sleep even for an hour .Do not strenghten your belief that you need the sleep or else... You will be surprised that sleep will come automatically. If it is difficult to exercise such courage, take a few hypnotherapy sessions
You may be suffering an anxiety disorder. Plz consult a psychiatrist
Dr. Amit Jagtiani Agra | Psychiatrist
Stress and depression often leads to insomnia. You are facing problems in the initiation of sleep. You need evaluation by a psychiatrist to assess your symptoms and prescribe appropriate treatment. In the meanwhile, you must ensure that a good sleep hygeine is maintained. Try to search about sleep hygeine on google and start practising it. Also try meditation and deep breathing exeecises for relaxation.