Sleep terror

From last few months my mother is suffering from sleep terror. My mom start crying while sleeping and when we wake her up she become normol. This is happening from last few months and happen after every 10 -20 days. Please help what to do and whome to consult.
views-icons 69 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Sleep terror

doctor profile image
Dr. Sugandha Gupta
11 yrs. of exp | Delhi | Psychiatrist
Sleep disturbances and sleep related abnormalities like nightmares, night terror etc will require a comprehensive evaluation prior to treatment. The precise description of sleep patterns, ongoing psychological state, relevant medical evaluation, and certain investigations may be required in such patients. For such a condition you can consult a psychiatrist who will carry out the necessary assessment and further treatment. Hope this helps your mother..
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
2/2 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?