Sleep and snoring issues

I have noticed that my husband falls into deep sleep within seconds. We both will be talking and he snores at pause of a sentence, when I wake him up by touching him, he doesnt recall he sleeping/snoring and says he is awake., just to fall asleep again. Is it possible to go into deep sleep within seconds? I read somewhere, it might take 5- 15 min to go into deep sleep. He has also fallen asleep while watching tv, working on laptop in sitting position. As soon as his head hits the pillow he is into deep sleep and start snoring. He doesnt get up even when I pat him or shake him. It takes 3-5 attempts to get him to wake up and be conscious. He wont respond to sounds as well during his sleep. Is there anything I have to worry about. Is this normal sleep pattern? Most of the days he sleeps for 8 hrs. When given a chance he sleeps all day. Also is there anything I can do for this snoring. He snores with his mouth closed, few days worse. He is overweight person. (height 6 ft, wt 102kgs).

Doctor Answers (1) on Sleep and snoring issues

He might be having obstructive sleep apnea which makes people fall asleep in day time while working out doing some work. You need to get sleep study done to confirm it.