Severe tooth/gum ache

Dear Doctor,

I'm 27 and I get severe toothache whenever I try eating sweets. The pain is unbearable. I'm taking pain killers every night to sleep.
What could be the probable cause(s) for the pain?
Request you to suggest a permanent solution.
Also, what are the cases in which an RC would be required?

views-icons 177 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Severe tooth/gum ache

Hello this is Dr. Disha Prabhu. You certainly might be having decayed teeth, which is causing all the severe pain. These can be judged only when you visit a dentist and your dentist will be able to decide if you need RC Treatment; which is done when the decay is very deep in the tooth.
I would suggest that you visit a dentist immediately. Since you have been having pain killers, that will be just a temporary solution and you just treating the symptom. What you actually need to do is treat the cause, which will give you a permanent solution.
hi this is Dr. Parag Shah here,
you maybe having cavities. a thorough dental checkup will give you the exact reason.
a root canal therapy maybe required when your tooth is infected.
my advice would be to visit a dentist as soon as possible as taking too many medications will cause harm to you.
take care.