Severe Shoulder Back Pain

Hello Doctor, I am having a severe back pain every day night after returning back to home from office. I couldn't ride a bike neither sit behind too. I couldn't sit in floor and have my food. Please suggest.

Dr. Raviraj Francis
Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist 7 yrs exp Mumbai

There are many reasons for back pain...it could be a problem from a stiff low back muscle to a more complicated vertebral problem.... you seem to be in a lot of pain so it is necessary to avoid postures/positions and activities which lead to pain.... usually if a person gives pain rating of above 7 out of 10 to pain then a weeks rest is usually required. What you need to do as of now is Get your lumbar spine Xray done in Lateral and AP position. Get your serum calcium and uric acid tested Get a prescription for painkillers which have muscle relaxants in it.(these are not OTC drugs and a prescription is necessary) Visit a Local Physiotherapy OPD n see if you can get SWD 20 mins and IFT (vector90) 20mins twice a day. Seek postural advice from then Wear a Lumbo sacral belt of your size whenever commuting on bike and sitting for long hours. For the time being dont sit on the floor or sit for long time..... do follow these advice and resort back to me in case of queries. Regards Take care.
Dr. Nilesh Makwana (PT)
Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Physiotherapist 8 yrs exp Mumbai

Hi, Your history is important in this case which is not available. However, it seems you have a weak core muscle which are getting tired and then pain. You may visit orthopedician or physiotherapist for further evaluation. As of now you may do core exercises like holding the abdomen in, and trying to breath normally without loosing the contractions of the abdomen.
Dr. Pooja Mehta
Hi u need a physio check ur sugar leves n uric acid too.. Tht could be the reason of ur pain meet ur physio who is near by n take time out for thisbfr gets vers
Physiotherapist 4 yrs exp Navi Mumbai
HI there, as your job profile suggests IT professional, I think you have a job which demands prolonged sitting, yes? Well, if this is the case then I think you have developed a mechanical low back pain, and your description of symptoms suggests this as well... you need to be evaluate your posture by a physiotherapist. He/she will be able to find a root cause of the problem you have and will be able to provide you with a proper rehab program. .. also seek an ergonomic advice for your workplace, this will help you a lot. Hope this helps, feel free to ask anything if in doubt, thanks...