Severe gum pain

My gums are paining alot. No problem in eating but mouth feels heavey and pain is there. There area paining is majorly to right gum line. There seems to be white patches and excessive bleeding while brushing. Huge pain while using listerine mouthwash on that area. Cant visit a dentist right now. Any suggestions? And sharp pain if I press with my nail.

Dr. Akshay Rathod
Dentist 5 yrs exp Mumbai

Firstly, spot testing the gum with your nail. It might increase the injury further. The description of your problem is not very clear but considering the burning sensation with mouthwash, it could be an ulcer. Stop using the mouthwash too. Visit a dentist at the earliest so that the exact problem is known. Avoid eating spicy foods.
Dr. N Srinivas
Dentist 15 yrs exp Hyderabad
Hello.. you cant basically mask the gum problems by the use of mouth washes and ointments. you need a professional cleaning and root planing and if necessary, flap surgery with or without bone grafting depending on your opg x -ray observation. dont delay anymore, health is more important than any other thing
May be there is an ulcerative lesion, or your gums may be affected with pyorrhoea.
Home remedy- try doing salt water rinse at least 4 time a day