Severe Anxiety

Been suffering from severe anxiety since childhood, have a lot of issues connecting with people. Don't know if I'm dealing with some sort of clinical depression, I'm a bit short tempered and get demotivated really quickly when people disapprove with me always.

Doctor Answers (2) on Severe Anxiety

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
Hello, for the set of symptoms that you have described here there can be more than a few clinical conditions which can explain these. Anxiety, poor frustration tolerance, loss of motivation, rejection sensitivity are a cluster of complaints which may be related to a mood disorder like depression, anxiety spectrum disorder like Generalized anxiety disorder/social phobia, related to a problem of personality, or may be totally insignificant and part of normal phenomena. However to be able to understand this a comprehensive assessment is likely to be required. Kindly seek a face to face consultation with a psychiatrist near you for comprehensive assessment.. It will help you definitely to understand the basis behind these, And if these are found to be related to a clinical disorder appropriate management can be initiated in form of psychological intervention and/or medication..
Hope this helps you..
Dr. Akhil Chopra Jalandhar | Neuropsychiatrist
If you can elaborate on what you mean by anxiety, what do you feel and how often does it occur ; it would be really helpful. Anxiety can present in form of generalised anxiety disorder, panic disorder, social anxiety etc; so we need to differentiate. In such disorders SSRI medications are helpful. In addition a benzodiazepine can be added. Psychotherapy in form of CBT/BT along with this will also help. As far as depression is concerned you need to answer a few more questions. Do you feel sad most of the time ? Do you feel lethargic, lack energy ? Have you lost your interest in previously pleasurable activities? Any significant change in sleep / eating patterns ? Loss of confidence? Suicidal thoughts, hopelessness ? Information about these will help us diagnose you in a better way. Consult a psychiatrist near you. He will address all these issues