Severe Anxiety

Been suffering from severe anxiety since childhood, have a lot of issues connecting with people. Don't know if I'm dealing with some sort of clinical depression, I'm a bit short tempered and get demotivated really quickly when people disapprove with me always.

Dr. Sugandha Gupta
Psychiatrist 11 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, for the set of symptoms that you have described here there can be more than a few clinical conditions which can explain these. Anxiety, poor frustration tolerance, loss of motivation, rejection sensitivity are a cluster of complaints which may be related to a mood disorder like depression, anxiety spectrum disorder like Generalized anxiety disorder/social phobia, related to a problem of personality, or may be totally insignificant and part of normal phenomena. However to be able to understand this a comprehensive assessment is likely to be required. Kindly seek a face to face consultation with a psychiatrist near you for comprehensive assessment.. It will help you definitely to understand the basis behind these, And if these are found to be related to a clinical disorder appropriate management can be initiated in form of psychological intervention and/or medication.. Hope this helps you..
Dr. Akhil Chopra
Neuropsychiatrist 6 yrs exp Ludhiana
If you can elaborate on what you mean by anxiety, what do you feel and how often does it occur ; it would be really helpful. Anxiety can present in form of generalised anxiety disorder, panic disorder, social anxiety etc; so we need to differentiate. In such disorders SSRI medications are helpful. In addition a benzodiazepine can be added. Psychotherapy in form of CBT/BT along with this will also help. As far as depression is concerned you need to answer a few more questions. Do you feel sad most of the time ? Do you feel lethargic, lack energy ? Have you lost your interest in previously pleasurable activities? Any significant change in sleep / eating patterns ? Loss of confidence? Suicidal thoughts, hopelessness ? Information about these will help us diagnose you in a better way. Consult a psychiatrist near you. He will address all these issues