Sensitivity

After cleaning of my teeth from the dentist I am having constant sensitivity after having something sweet or cold. I am also using sensodyne toothpaste but its not cured yet. Please help.

Doctor Answers (3) on Sensitivity

You can use senolin SF toothpaste it will provide you instant relief from sensitivity
Sensitivity post scaling can have many causes. Though most commonly it means that the gum disease was quite advanced and you have left it untreated for a long time. If the gums have moved away from the tooth (recession) etc this sensitivity may be prolonged. The instruments used as well as the doctors experience also plays a role. Sometimes the reason is as simple as a deep cavity or wear facet that got exposed after scaling. Continue with the desensitizing toothpaste. It usually takes around 15 days to really start working well. If you have no relief even after that you can visit your doctor again.
Dr. Abdul Ahad Delhi | Periodontist
Hi. It's not uncommon to feel mild sensitivity for a few days after scaling. It's mostly temporary and will subside. However, You should consult your treating doctor to rule out any other cause that might result in sensitivity, before starting any toothpaste.