Sensitive teeth

I have sensitive teeth and cavity problem. Which tooth brush and tooth paste should I use? And how can I prevent cavity problem?
views-icons 55 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (8) on Sensitive teeth

Sensitivity can be because of 1. Atttrition 2. Abrasion 3. Periodontal Problems 4. Week Enamel 5. Cavities You can use any tooth brush.But, brushing technique should be good. You can use Thermoseal tooth paste to be applied on sensitive teeth after brushing with your regular tooth paste. Cavity problems can be because of number of reasons: 1. It can be high bacterial count( S.Mutans) 2. In between meal snacking 3. Improper brushing etc. Cosult your Dentist to rule out the root cause and have treatment accordingly.
hi, Please visit your dentist to get the cavities filled & for teeth sensitivity there are many reasons like vigorous brushing, acidity or soft drink intake.Soft bristle toothbrush should be used & to prevent cavity problem yearly dental check up should be done.
Dr. Puja Bansal Pune | Dentist
hello, you need to visit a dentist and get a check-up done. for sensitivity you can use a sensitive toothpaste with a soft brush. if there is a cavity, get it filled.
Using random toothpastes advised for management of sensitivity is never a good idea if you suffer from the same. Please visit a dentist so that the cause can first be identified and treatment initiated accordingly.
Hello, you need to visit a dentist to address your issues.Use a soft brush and get regular professional cleaning and check up done every 6 months. Regards Dr Sumanmakam
Hello sir First of all u cannot get a permanent solution by using anti sensitivity tooth paste... If there is a sensitivity that is the first alarming sign of a problem in the oral health.. Visit your dentist.. undergo full mouth assessment and I am sure ur dentist will do the best... Regards...
Hi. Sensitivity can be due to different reasons. It could be due to harsh brushing  in which case you can use a good quality  soft or medium bristled toothbrush. Your enamel might be wearing out which can be fixed through proper care. Or if it's due to  recurrent cavities you might need to address them with a dentist and also up your home care routine like proper brushing techniques and oral hygiene and improved food habits. It's always good to consult a dentist  once every 6months .
Sensitivity of teeth may be due a lot of factors, It would be better if you visit a dentist for evaluation. For time being you can use sensodyne repair and protect. It would help you..