Running thoughts in mind

Hello Doctor! I am 21yrs old. My problem is that, my mind undergoes continuous thought process. I am suffering this from so many years. The thoughts which come across are unnecessary ones. If I sit, stand, watch tv, ride vehicle, before I fall asleep, always my mind keeps chattering. I understand that our mind is in our control. When I realise that some thoughts are running in mind, I try to bring back my mind to where I am. For few mins I can concentrate, then again it's the same. I feel too much distracted. I want to concentrate on whatever I am doing and put my 100%. Kindly provide me a solution. Thank you.
views-icons 62 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Running thoughts in mind

Priyadarshi Srivastava Lucknow | Neuropsychiatrist
Maybe you are having attention deficit disorder. Consult a psychiatrist. Nowadays there are very nice medicines to improve concentration. Check yourself for OCD also.
Ms. Sneha Bhat Bangalore | Counselling Psychologist
Hello Dear, Rumination is something which can keep us in a distracted to heavily troubled position on a scale. It's awesome that you realize that mind can be in our control. You also has taken a step towards making it so and have succeeded for a while. You mentioned that the thoughts which have been rising in your head and distracting you are unnecessary ones. We will have to change the perspective a little and listen to them for a while and understand what all they are about. Please listen to them for 15 days and put them under different themes or sections. Keep expanding and understanding each theme. After 15 days, allot a time when you would intentionally think about all these themes, every day. In a month the chatter in your head should clear to an extent. If there arise some thoughts or emotions which confuse or trouble you, consult a psychologist who would help you understand them better and channelize them. Take Care.