Renal Diet

My father had elevated creatinine , pottasium and uric acid Levels, Nephro doctor asked him to take Low pottasium and low purine diet. Now he is not taking fruits and Non vegetarian. He wanted to know which vegetables will have less of pottasium and purine ? Can he have Dairy products ?

Doctor Answers (2) on Renal Diet

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
As he is having renal condition it is important to plan diet according diet play important role in sodium potassium but without reports difficult to plan.through diet u can control high levels of potassium and sodium and it is important not to get malnourished. U can ping me for diet chart
Ms. Huda Shaikh Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi there,

Good to hear from you :)

Before we comment on the condition that your father has been suffering,it is extremely important to go through all the reports and findings.A generic answer won't help my dear.It is also important to know the weight of your father so see how we can work on it to reduce his creat ,uric acid and potassium levels.Your dad needs a brief consultation.Everything in his diet needs to be proportionate in order to bring the levels to optimum.

Please feel free to get in touch with me for further assistance :)