Reducing pimples

Hy doctor, as I was under the treatment for pimples n scars on my face 2 months back.. The doctor had suggested me 2 apply cetaphil moisturizing lotion n then retino a micro cream and a tablet isotone 10mg.. And by now the coarse has been completed fo 2 months... Can I stop d application of cream n lotion on my face???? I am scared dat wr d pimples arise again on my face when I stop dng so.. Pls suggested !!

Doctor Answers (2) on Reducing pimples

Dr. Nirupama Parwanda Delhi | Dermatologist
Thanks for your query. Acne is a very common condition seen during 13 to 25/26 years of age. You being 20 yrs old are still prone to acne for a few years. I would suggest you to visit your dermatologist for follow-up that will help him or her assess your condition and advise you further course of treatment. Isotretinoin 10 mg might have to be given for a few more months so as to decrease the chances of relapse. If it is not possible for you to consult your Dermat, you should continue applying Retino twice a week for a couple of months and then once a week for 4 months this would decrease the chances for you getting new pimples.
Re-visit your Dermatologist for further assessment and guidance about your Acne treatment.
Dr. Ujjwala Verma Delhi | Dermatologist
Better to stay in follow -up with dermatologist.