Pimple spots

Does creams like ketoconazole and klindex in any way reduce pimple scars... I maintain good hygiene... I just have few scars... Can anyone please tell if those creams harm my skin or if there is any cream I use to reduce spots that doesn't damage my skin :)

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. Scars are amenable to various treatment options and it has to be customized based on your scar type. Acne scars are basically 4 types and each may need a different approach. The treatment depends on the duration of scar and ability to follow-up. The advance treatment option includes Fractional CO2 lasers in multiple sessions and is currently the procedure of choice. Other options include dermaroller with or without mesotherapy, subcision and some other procedure. Certain patient benefit when oral medications are given concomitantly. Topical creams may be of little use and will supplement laser treatment. This creams will not work for scars.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
Apply Sunscreens regularly.