RCT Retreat

I have gone through RCT couple of years back and recently it started paining and when I consulted a dentist near by I am advised to go thorough microscopic RCT for which they will charge me around 20k only for RCT excluding medicine and Crown cost. please advise if i can save my teeth by any other means with less cost

Dr. Girish PV
Orthodontist 13 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..yes rct thro microscope is avaliable. But first its necessary that the rct specialist be good enough to use it. Retreatment of old rct is most often a failure but nevertheless its better to attempt it. There are conventional methods also which can range from 5000 to 8000 , for which the success depends on the tooth conditions, infection, body response and doctors skill. Many rct's have been treated on the past without microscope also..microscope is an adjunct to the armamentarium. Other option is to remove the tooth and replace with dental implant, which of course will be more expensive.
Dr. Prashanth .V
Oral And MaxilloFacial Surgeon 3 yrs exp Chennai
Hi , Re rcts can be given a try with conventional al rct but it's jus like.taking a chance . But microscopic rct is prefer cos we can have good view of teeth and structures inside in a microscope . So better the vissiblity , better the treatment
Dr. Avinash Sahu
Dentist 6 yrs exp Dharwad
Hi.. Any how you are in pain, so u have to undergo re-rct. Because saving the tooth is our prime concern. As microscopic rct is expensive, so you should go for conventional re-rct. Its like taking a chance to save the tooth. Rather last option to remove the tooth is always there. Best of luck.