RCT done but pain

RCT was done for me at Balaji Dental College Chennai by Endodontist girl. She asked me to come for 2nd sitting after 12 days. She has given me Antibiotic and paracetamol pain killer.3 days have gone my left chewing tooth and gums are paining. Temporary filling of RCT tooth done. Now it is paining. My question is it right to ask me to come for 2nd sitting after 12 days. Dentist has not cleaned tooth completely. She said for 2nd sitting come after 12 days. Is it right to give 12 days gap? Please clarify.

Doctor Answers (7) on RCT done but pain

Hello, You need to visit your dentist and continue with the treatment.pain after the 1st visit is not uncommon.You can talk with the staff and request for an early appointment.They will definitely oblige.Dont worry,the pain will be alleviated after complete treatment. Regards Dr Suman Makam
Dr. Akanksha S.D Bangalore | Oral Medicine and Radiology
I will suggest you to visit her or contact her and clarify your doubt . You can also talk to the senior doctors their in the college about your case and they will check and clear your doubts.You can also upload your xray if you have so that we can have a clear picture about your tooth.
If you dont have any financial problem you can visit a private clinic and get your treatment done quickly.
Dear sir There can also be a possibility that the doctor has kept a calcium based medicine usually called a s Metapex. That can be kept in teeth for 2-3 weeks. It also can give you heaviness and pain for first 2-3 days I will suggest you to visit her and clarify your doubt . Regards
Visit your endodontist who started rc
ask about your pain, she will do 2nd visit if needed
avoid hot, sweet food & beverage
Its not her problem or mistake. actually all colleges do the same thing because of high patient flow. they have to keep apptmnt longer.
Its doesn't happens in private clinic
(1) it's all fine.
(2) u need to get all the infection out, so antibiotic coverage is given to u. It usually takes more than a week for all infection to subside.
(3) u have been called after 12 days, may be u had more infection.
(4) getting treatment in college is not a bad idea, as there are many doctors who will make sure nothing goes wrong, and treatment would be inexpensive, getting treatment in clinic is faster.
(5)my suggestion is to carry on your treatment there.
all u can do is wait for 2 more days.
avoid biting in that area, avoid hot/ warm food too.
Dr. Suresh V Chennai | Dentist
Experts require less time to work.. learners need little longer time to work. Choice is yours.
visit my clinic. will see what exactly the problem is..