Psychiatric issues frm 17

When I was 17, I was thinking that I had some disease , consulted numerous doctors, as per one doctor suggestion ,consulted psychiatrist , having medication for depression ,anxiety from last 8 yrs .I am too sensitive, have social phobia ,inferiority .meds are not giving me solution.. suggest me what to do

Doctor Answers (1) on Psychiatric issues frm 17

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
Hello, from the brief description that you have provided here it would be difficult to comment about your illness. However what I can suggest is that for such problems a combined approach of medication and psychological intervention is likely to provide best results. It has been scientifically proven that a combination approach is of higher efficacy than either medication or psychological intervention alone. Please talk to your psychiatrist about option of psychological intervention that is suitable for you. Hope this helps you..