Problem in Supraspinatus tendon
Hi, My mother is feeling pain in her right shoulder, ultrasound reveals that full thickness incomplete tear of the insertional fibres of Supraspinatus Tendon measuring approx 5x5 mm. We had shown the report to a doctor and they gave two option for treatment, first is PRP ( platlet rich plasma) treatment and 2nd is surgery. Can you please advise what should we prefer here? Or is there any other treatment for this. I have attached the ultrasound report. She is in pain. Thanks.

Ultrasound findings need to be correlated with physical examination findings to reach a proper diagnosis. Partial tear should be managed with conservative therapy first, such as rest, physiotherapy or injections. Surgery should be kept as a last resort when conservative therapy has failed.
Incomplete ruptures of supraspinatus tendons are better managed conservatively. This treatment is being suggested on bases of the information provided. However I would like to examine & investigate your mother in detail. -Control  Hypertension, Diabetes or  metabolic disorder, if there is any. --. Sleep on a hard bed with soft bedding. --. Keep no pillow under the head. --. Avoid painful acts & activities. --. Fomentation with warm water. Let the part not be exposed to cold. -- .Do mild exercises for the affected part.- neck and shoulders --.(Take help of physiotherapist or you can visit my YouTube channel Dr. N. C. Gupta and watch 'Me & My Yoga' and 'Yoga Simplified'. https://youtube.com/channel/ucpeqc6b1ywzwin048jsu6rw --Do not ignore, let it not become beginning of a major problem. -Any way it may be tried, --. Ugesic (Piroxicam) 20mg 1 tab od x 5days --. Caldikind plus  (Mankind) 1 tab OD x 10 days. -(You may need help of your local doctor to get these medicines.) --Do ask for a detailed treatment plan. Kindly make sure, there is no allergy to any of these medicines. --For emergency treatment visit nearest hospital. --Wish your mother a quick recovery & good health.  Dr N C Gupta MS (ortho)