Supraspinatus tendonities

Hello doctor, 5 years ago, I got an injury in my right shoulder during gym workout. I was feeling pain. I met doctor and he diagnosed it as supraspinatus tendonities. I was on medication for 8 months and was doing physiotherapy ex. At home. I still feel that the strength and flexibility is less than normal.

Dr. Raviraj Francis (PT)
Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello i have treated almost 23 supraspinatous tendonitis cases... It is very disheartning to know that an overuse injury which you sustained 5 years back has not been completely healed even after 8 months of medication and home exercise....... supraspinatus tendon is common site to get injured/inflammed due to overuse or undue preassure/trauma.. but the downside to this injury is if not treated properly the shoulder jt as a whole can be problematic and the Arm can pain as well........ What are you complains right now Assuming you have no pain If strengh and flexibility is your concern... Then remember its simple For strength-specially tailored strengthning exercises for shoulder jt ..(in your case theraband and weights) Flexibility-stretching at the end range of motion Keetlebel exercise as demonstrated by recent journal articles can do a world of good..(without going overhead) Strictly to be carried out under the watchful eyes of a experienced physio Do resort back to me with furthur queries..... All the best
Dr. Satish Sawale
Ayurveda 17 yrs exp Navi Mumbai

Hi, got ur concern,Thanks for expecting Authentic support from Ayurveda, it hurts smooth functioning n productivity, due to 5yrs it has become लिन दोष, now its to be dealt by Abhyangam, virechan n Nasyam with Rasayan Thetapy, till u consult Ayurvedic dr have 2 cap cod liver oil twice a day for only 7 days after food. Still Physiotherapy by senior consultant needed