Pregnancy

Is there any way I can know how much time I can wait before conceiving and deliver my first baby. I googled and some says its 30 yrs and some 35 yrs. But how to be sure of myself ? I don't want to make my first pregnancy risky and also want to know how much time I can wait before getting pregnant.

Doctor Answers (5) on Pregnancy

Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, Since you are 28 years old, you should go for pregnancy before 30 years since both male and female partners have a good fertility potential which increases your chances to conceive. After 35 years of age, woman's ovarian reserve declines, means the quality and quantity of eggs diminishes lowering the chances of conception. So this is a good time to become pregnant. Also, if you are unable to conceive after one year of trying to conceive naturally, you should visit an infertility specialist who will evaluate you and your partner to rule out the cause behind inability to conceive and suggest the best possible treatment to have a baby. You can also visit my clinic International Fertility Centre located in New Delhi for further evaluation. My clinic offers varied fertility treatments and services to help you have a joyful parenthood experience. We are a network of 14 clinics located across India and Nepal. You can mail your contact details to reach you.
Dr. Panchani Surat | Gynecologist
Hi good afternoon
Thnxs for your question
Your age 28 so it's ideal time for pregnancy planning.
Pregnancy after 35 age associated with risk of chromosomal anomalies in baby.
So better to plan rt now will conceive within 6month if u and ur hubby body is healthy.
Dr. Mamta Pattnayak Gurgaon | Gynecologist
Hi, you r now 28. Better to plan pregnancy within 30 yrs. If someone married late than she plan late. Better is 30. Ni harm if delayed till 35. More than 35yrs have some risk of anomalies.
Before you plan for pregnancy you shold visit gynaecologist for prenatal checkups.
Dr. Sarika Dahiphale Pune | Infertility Specialist
It's always better to have planned pregnancy rather than accidental !!! Kindly visit gynac and have Preconceptional check up and counselling.... It's always better to have pregnancy before 30... So it's high time for you... And Google comments are general don't go by that always have individual opinion for yourself by expert
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there I understand your concern and anxiety... I would suggest you to consult nearest gynecologists for clinical examination and evaluation and for certain laboratory investigations to check your ovarian reserve as it is the best indicator to tell probability... Hope you got your answer.. Good luck.