Phimosis - circumcision

Is circumcision necessary/mandatory for closed foreskin? if I don't go for this will I face any problems? Any disadvantages of circumcision like erectile dysfunction,loss of sensitivity etc? pain when erected? pain while urine passage? will sutures get rip off when erected? Any immediate pain killers when erected?

Doctor Answers (1) on Phimosis - circumcision

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Phimosis refers to the inability to retract the distal foreskin over the glans penis. Pathologic phimosis defines an inability to retract the foreskin after it was previously retractible or after puberty, usually secondary to distal scarring of the foreskin. Up to 95% of cases of phimosis have been shown to respond to application of topical steroids to the preputial orifice, although some studies have suggested that this response rate may decline several months after the regimen is completed. An initial attempt at medical intervention has been shown to reduce costs by 27.3% in comparison with primary circumcision as a treatment... Circumcision is safe procedure nothing to worry much...consult nearest urologist they will help you further