Pain+strain in lower back

Its been months since i have been suffering from pain in lower back. I am a software engineer and have to sit on a chair for an average 10 hours a day. I tried to fix the pain through some stretching exercises, but no improvement. Its all started 6-7 months when i joined a new company and i have felt that the chair we use in the office is not that supportive to the back and puts strain in the lower back region. I am worried that it might not have turned into a permanent situation. Need to know what should i do?

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain+strain in lower back

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there I understand your concern...Ensure that you maintain an appropriate posture while working or sitting or walking....Take frequent stretch breaks and drink lots of water...Discontinue using pillow while sleeping straight...Do not lift heavy objects, especially after bending down....Eat a healthy wholesome meal which should satisfy your minerals and proteins requirement...take over the counter pain medications.. Consult nearest orthopedic surgeon they will do the needful.