Pain in upper back spine

Hi, My wife feels some pain in her upper back spine since one month, we refer a Dr. He suggested us to go for Dorsal MRI. We examine it and it report says "Fusion of D3 and D4 vertebra is seen". I just want to understand what is it in simple words. Is it a critical problem or simply diagnose with some pills or tablets?

Doctor Answers (2) on Pain in upper back spine

Just like how you have birth marks in skin, and moles, there are few conditions inside our body which cause no harm This is one of those : Where two bones have fused There is no need to worry
Dear Sir Vertebrae are bones of the Back There are 12 such bones in the chest region These are called D1 to D12 Fusion of D3 and D4 vertebra means that two bones D3 and D4 are united together This won't cause pain There is no need to treat this. Don't worry This is like a Birth mark in Skin. Pain must be due to some other factors