Pain in the heel

My mother is suffering from a pain in the heel..when she went to the Doctor he said her that the heel bone is growing in size and gave her some tablets..but it did not show any difference.. Later when she went to the doctor again he suggested her to take an injection in her heel area..so I just wanted to know if this particular injection is going to be helpful for her or is there any alternative for her problem?? Please do let me know..

Doctor Answers (7) on Pain in the heel

Dr. Priyanka Bhati Faridabad | Physiotherapist
Hi dear friend
You need to visit a good physio and take few session's.
Also use silicon heels which will definitely relieve her heel pain.
Dr. Venu Madhav Bangalore | Orthopedic Surgeon
Most probably the doctor has given steroid injection in Plantar fascia so it ll definitely help ur patient and plz continue foot stretching exercises
Dr. Anuradha Sharma Noida | Orthopedic Physiotherapist
exercises  calf stretching exercises tk physiotherapy treatment if spur problem then a x-ray must change ur shoes
Dr. Umesh Solanki (PT) Delhi | Clinical Physiotherapist
Hi did you went for X-ray to check if calcaneal spur is the actual problem. It could be plantar fasciitis. In both the cases ultrasonic and a few sessions of Dry needling would do wonders for you. I addition to that you should go for silicone insoal and avoid hard Sandals and shoes.
Dr. Tanuj Garg Noida | Physiotherapist
In this do not go for the injections... as these are steroidal injections...and she will get a relief for around 6 months and this problem will reoccur.. kindly go for some physiotherapy sessions... of LASER and US with cold fermentation or contrast bath...ask your mom to wear soft shoes and sleepers this condition is known as calcaneal spur...ask her to avoid prolonged standings...footwear should be soft from the soul.. or she can use doctors soul... take care and get well soon...
Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Stretch Calves Get a custom made insole. Hams Stretching. Sports Taping. Hot Fomentation.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there..... I went through your query..... Being overweight can place excess pressure and strain on your feet, particularly on your heels. Losing weight and maintaining a healthy weight by combining regular exercise with a healthy, balanced diet can be beneficial for your feet..... Wearing appropriate footwear is also important..... Follow the instructions given by your doctor.....