Pain in the fracture area

I had suffered an ankle fracture 5 weeks back. Was in cast for 4 weeks. Now the cast is removed but I am experiencing pain around the fracture area while walking. Is this usual. The X ray was taken with the cast and as per the physician I consulted the fracture is recovered. I am experiencing the pain only while walking. I am afraid if something is wrong. Could you please suggest.

Doctor Answers (6) on Pain in the fracture area

Dr. Aparna Pradhan Pune | Physiotherapist
You have post fracture stiffness , have you undergone ankle rehab? If not then please do. For 4 weeks your ankle was in cast so your muscles and facia have become tight when you will visit physio he may give you paraffin wax bath (wax therapy) which will reduce your stiffness and swelling, the same time therapist will give you some stretches (calf and hams ),then dorsiflexor muscle strengthening. Do this for 2 weeks you will have negligible pain stiffness later do balance board and trampoline training which will finish your rehab. There is a standard  protocol in physio literature. Find a good physio, you'll be surely get normal movement at ankle.
Dr. Chirag Dalal Mumbai | Orthopedic Surgeon
Hi put up your present Xray.
Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Stretch Calves Get a custom made insole. Hams Stretching. Sports Taping. Hot Fomentation.
Dr. Prakash Katariya Raipur | Physiotherapist
Don't worry. Its Normal. But Don't be late for Normal Range Of Movements.
Dr. Deepak Tamrakar (PT) Raipur | Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
There is nothing in wrong that.your ankle was immobilize 4 week, so mobilty flexibility and strength is decrease. Cosult your physio to work on this to improve range of motion of ankle joint. Slowely your pain will disapear. At home put your leg in hot water bucket will relive your ankle pain. This you can do 2-3 times in a day.
Dr. P. Vinodh Rajkumar Chennai | Orthopedic Surgeon
You need to provide the present x-rays to suggest you more. Pain on weight bearing suggest either fracture has not yet healed or may be due to stiffness. Kindly consult your treating surgeon.