Pain in teeths

I ate a scoop of ice cream in a bit hurry. A hour later I started experiencing some pain in my teeth. I read somewhere that hot water with salt helps but it increased the pain. Please suggest. Is this something that need immediate attention? Can I take paracetamol to ease up the pain.

Doctor Answers (7) on Pain in teeths

You may be experiencing this pain because of cavities or some part of your teeth has worn out. Paracetamol will help to reduce the pain but you need to visit your dentist immediately to find out which tooth is hurting and get it treated before pain increases.
Hello..yes you can use paracetamol to relieve pain but you need to visit dentist to know the extent of decay and appropriate treatment as soon as possible.
You should consult with your dentist to find out reason of sensitivity to cold and hot items. You must be having gross caries in your teeth. So take proper dental treatment rather than medicines.
Hi , it's the clear case of sensitivity. You need to see the dentist ASAP. Only after checkup it will be clear how big is the cavity. Meanwhile avoid eating very hot or cold food.
Dr. Ankit Jain Delhi | Dentist
Dear Practo User,
Kindly visit a dentist nearby. You may be experiencing this pain due to some cavities or some part of your tooth may have worn out. A thorough checkup will surely help.
Regards
Dr Ankit Jain
Arham Dental Care, Delhi
There is a chance that some part of your tooth has a decay or is worn out due to which you are having  sensitivity.  you have to visit a dentist as soon as you can.  meanwhile you can have a routine painkiller.
Hi, well what u experienced was sensitivity in teeth, u need to visit a dentist asap so as to ascertain which tooth ia giving trouble and get it treated before pain increases.. as for paracetomol, its usually safe to take but need not necessarily help in teth sensitivity.. visit your dentist. . All the best