Pain in my left knee

Hi I have been experiencing pains in my left knee for quite some time now , it only occurs when I jump or stretch. I have a hunch that it's a knee gap i don't know much about that problem but well if it is a gap problem how to close the gap ? And if it isn't what problem is it ?

Doctor Answers (5) on Pain in my left knee

Dr. Anantha Lakshmi Hyderabad | Cardiovascular And Pulmonary Physiotherapist
Consult an orthopaedic surgeon
By doing special tests manually he will suggest you for the treatment.
You need to strengthen your knee muscles by some exercises like static and dynamic quadriceps exercise, you can easily find it through Internet.
Cycling is best exercise for strengthening. (static cycle) 10 to 15 mins twice daily.
If the pain severe apply ice pack for 10 to 15 mins 3 times a day or you can apply even during exercise and after exercise if there is pain. But, don't stop exercising daily and gradually increasing duration and times of exercise. If pain is severe take Rest, apply ice pack.
Dr. Siddhartha Ghosh Mumbai | Joint Replacement Surgeon
At this age we can expect jumpers knee or osgood schatter disease. Which is basically inflammation at the attachment point of ur knee cap and tendon on ur shin bone. It needs rest in braces or plaster slad and medications after consultation with paediatric orthopedist or general orthopedic surgeon
For sure , its not a gap problem at your age. Go get yourself examined. At your age, knee trauma or injury is the commonest cause of joint pains. So visit an ortho surgeon asap.
Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Core Strengthening Exercise- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams Stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. repeat 10 times, twice a day. Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the knee against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain.
Dr. Hitin Mathur Noida | Orthopedic Surgeon
Knee pain at your age without any injury is unlikely to be due to reduced joint space. Low Vitamin D or raised uric acid could be one of the causes. So get vitamin D and uric acid levels done fasting and start quadriceps strengthening exercises 20 mins 3 tints a day after learning from a physiotherapist.