Pain in lower back & hip

I have been experiencing lower back pain for almost an year now. It started at the time when I was driving from gurgaon to noida on a regular basis. The pain starts from the lower back and goes on till my tail bone. I have occasionally noticed swelling near my lower back as well. Sitting/standing for long hours aggravates the pain. I have a lean body and exercise on a daily basis. The running some time increases the pain. I have even switched my mattress to a harder one but I still experience difficulty in sleeping because of the pain. I have been taking over the counter pain relievers and applying ointments for relief whenever it gets too much. However, i'm not sure if that is the solution.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain in lower back & hip

Dr. Shaloo Bhasin Gagneja Delhi | Consultant Physician
U need to consult a rheumatologist for proper diagnosis and management. Long term use of OTC drugs can be harmful.