Pain in Jaw Joint

Yesterday evening I was eating a hard food and I heard a click sound in my right jaw joint. I noticed it and moved my joint again to see if I hear it again or not. I was able to hear it. Then after few minutes I started having a little bit of pain at the Jaw Joint part and then This morning when I woke up, the pain has been increased. I hope this isn't a serious problem and I pray that this won't require much money to be treated. Please suggest me what should I do. Thank you in advance.
views-icons 40 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (4) on Pain in Jaw Joint

Dr. Dhaval Trivedi Vadodara | Oral And MaxilloFacial Surgeon
Hi. As per your complaint. You are suffering from tmj disorder...basic treatment is not much...consult an oral and Maxillofacial surgeon
Dr. Neha Sharma Gurgaon | Dental Surgeon
Hi. . Clicking sound in jaw joint is a sign of TMJ problem. Don't stress yourself out. It can be managed. Consult an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon for a detailed evaluation which will include a radiograph( xray) of the joint. Till then, give your joint some rest. Have soft food, eat small portions with a spoon. Do some moist heat application over the affected joint area i.e. dip a small towel in warm water, squeeze out the water, and apply the warm towel over the joint area. In case of pain, you can also apply volini gel over the joint area. All these measures will give you relief but don't ignore it and get an evaluation done soon. Take care.
Dr. Rohan Virani Mumbai | Implantologist
You may have disc derangement of tmjoint.if not attended immediately this will be permanent problem. Feel free to contact us on www.trisadental.in
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, The temporomandibular joint (TMJ) acts like a sliding hinge, connecting your jawbone to your skull. TMJ disorders can cause pain in your jaw joint and in the muscles that control jaw movement. In most cases, the pain and discomfort associated with TMJ disorders can be alleviated with self-managed care or nonsurgical treatments. Severe TMJ disorders may require surgical repair. Consult Ent specialist...