Jaw clicking and jaw pain
I hear clicking in my jaw when I open and close it. My left jaw muscle is paining. Could it be TMJ disk dislocation? Will an anterior bite plate bring the disk back to its original place?

Hello! Myself DR. Shikha Goyal, jaw joint/ TMJ  specialist from Nair hospital mumbai.  You seem to be suffering from TMJ disorder. You can go through my published article for information. https://www.contempclindent.org/text.asp?2020/11/4/332/304136 You can connect with me on my personal chat for consultation Thank you!

Talk to experienced dentist online and get your health questions answered in just 5 minutes.

Consult with a dentist
Dear practo user, U need to consult oral medicine specialist at the earliest for this problem so that it doesn't progress further to disc dislocation without reduction. u can teleconsult here on practo. Myself oral Medicine specialist MDS from most eminent government dental hospital Maulana Azad Institute delhi,.MAMC. u can consult me in peacto. I'll tk a detailed history and advice u accordingly. Thanks
It can be due to Disloacation but need to do clinical as well as xray to be done.. OPG and for TMJ lateral cephalogram is needed...
visit a MDS or oral maxillofacial surgeon for the proper examination
Hope this might be due to eruption or impaction of your third molars in both upper and lower.
Please take an OPG xray and confirm it by your dentist. You can use muscle relaxation medications for pain relief.
1.If you have already removed your lower third molat , then please remove the upper third to solve this problem . 2. If one side is removed, then extract it for other side too   Hope this helps you
It may b due to sudden broad opening of mouth or biting on hard stuff.. or ear infection ... or night grinding
use muscle relaxant painkiller .. likeZerodol MR, Mobizox, Aclofen MR
visit to dentist .. jaw lock or clicking sound may b manually corrected..or mouth guard can b made     practice chewing excercises
You need to get assessed to see what's causing it.  By an orthodontist or surgeon or dentist.a splint maybe advised
Kindly visit MDS oral and maxillofacial surgeon for clinical examination, x rays and scans if required.