Pain in heels
My wife is experiencing pain in heels for a while now. She feels pain while walking,standing even after a shortest interval. I would like to know how to go about diagnosing this problem and If anyone can pinpoint to exact problem with these symptoms. Kindly advise.

Dr. Deepthi Rao Gorukanti
General Physician 5 yrs exp Hyderabad

Get an xray, vitamin D levels.

Hello there. I can understand your concern. There are two possibilities, one is plantar fascitis, second, it could be a calcaneal spur. But to diagnose, you will need to take her to a orthopedician in person. He will examine her and ask you to get a few tests done of which one will be a x-ray. After establishing the diagnosis, he will proceed with the treatment. As of now, you can ask her to take tab. Zerodol-p twice a day after food for pain management. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar
General Practitioner 11 yrs exp Delhi

1.This problem is most likely Plantar Fascitis. 2. Treatment is simple but it takes some time to recover fully. 3. Also you will have to get few tests done - Xray of the foot , S calcium, S Vitamin D , S B12. 4. Hot and Cold fomentations alternatively. 5. Silicon Heals with soft shoes. 6. Ibugesic Nano Gel local application twice daily. the rest treatment I will send you as soon as you get back to me with the reports
Dr. Asha Annamalai
Family Physician 2 yrs exp Chennai
For temporary relief,get topical painkillers and massage or immerse in warm water.If symptoms persist,consult an orthopaedic.
Dr. Rajashekhar
hello could be plantarfascitis or calcaneal spur consult orthopaedician and decide bye
Dr. Jayesh Pavra
General Physician 17 yrs exp Ahmedabad
It may be due to spur in heel bone Get X-ray heel lateral done Keep legs in Hot and cold water for 10 to 15 minutes daily Apply painkillers gelly And take painkillers