Overweight

Sir, I am overweight as per my age. I want to lose my weight and be fit.I am determined towards my exercise but I am having problems towards deciding my diet.I am also telling you my diet routine so it could be evaluated by you. I generally don't have my breakfast and directly have lunch during afternoons. In the evening I have a cup of tea and then directly dinner. I consume a huge amount of junk food and oily foods. And also many people have advise me to drink honey and warm lemon water empty stomach so is it good or I am wasting my time.sir I request you to kindly acknowledge my message and give your expertise regarding my diet. I hope of getting a proper diet chart from you. Also I am a pure vegetarian. Thank you

Doctor Answers (3) on Overweight

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...ideal weight for your height is around 70 kgs. You need to lose around 30 kgs. Don't be impatient. It will take time. First and foremost you must understand losing your weight is a very gradual process. You should have strong determination and patience if you want to lose weight. And it cannot happen suddenly. Losing too much suddenly is also not good for health. You have to follow a strict diet and exercise schedule. Regarding diet - have small multiple meals instead of 3 big meals, eat food rich in proteins and fibres like egg white boiled chicken vegetables fruits pulses, avoid carbohydrate rich foods like rice curds oily foods sweets ghee and other junk food. Regarding exercises - start slowly with brisk walking, then change over to jogging, running and other abdominal exercises. Never over strain yourself. And always keep yourself well hydrated and enjoy whatever you do. Also consult a dietician at any hospital who will be able to give you a proper chart regarding the same
Ms. Monika Gupta Faridabad | Dietitian/Nutritionist
If you want to lose weight, most important thing is start taking Breakfast by 8:30-9AM
Restrict eating oily and junk to once in 15 days. Follo the given diet
BF MILK 1GLASS with Veg poha or museli
Fruit at 11:30
LUN SALAD, OAT BRAN ROTI 2 VEGGIES AND RAITA
EVE TEA OR MILK 2 NUTRICHOICE BIS
DIN SALAD SPROUT CHAAT WITH VEGGIES
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
First and foremost you must understand losing your weight is a very gradual process. You should have strong determination and patience if you want to lose weight. And it cannot happen suddenly. Losing too mich suddenly is also not good for health. You have to follow a strict diet and exercise schedule. Regarding diet - have small multiple meals instead of 3 big meals, eat food rich in proteins and fibres like egg white boiled chicken vegetables fruits pulses, avoid carbohydrate rich foods like rice curds oily foods sweets ghee and other junk food. Regarding exercises - start slowly with brisk walking, then change over to jogging, running and other abdominal exercises. Never over strain yourself. And always keep yourself well hydrated and enjoy whatever you do...consult dietitian they will do the needful.