I am overweight which is 90kgs and I am trying to reduce the weight these days. I have started walking and aerobic/cardio. Can you please suggest what should be my diet. I have to reduce 30kgs

Doctor Answers (1) on Overweight

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. Here are a few tips to reduce weight. 1. Drink lots of water. 2. High protein, low carbohydrate diet must be followed. 3. Intake of calories should be less than the daily requirement, and you should get most of the calories from fruits and vegetables. 4. Avoid rice and rice products. Green tea twice a day. 5. Burn more calories than you have taken. Cardio workout must be followed. Any form of excercise which keeps your heart rate raised to a level of 140-150 burns fat effectively. 6. If you are very dedicated and follow all these sincerely you would be able to lose 30kgs in 6 months. All the best. Regards