cancer-icon

Ovarian cancer

Dear Doctor, My wife was recently diagnosed with ovarian cancer and attached ct scan reports and CA125 reading of 123.2 show that it has spread to the uterus, fallopian tubes and peritoneum. Please advise what is the best treatment plan to follow based on ct scan reports and blood test results

Doctor Answers (3) on Ovarian cancer

Dr. Deepak Gupta Jaipur | Oncologist/Cancer Specialist
She may be treated with either chemotherapy first for 3 cycles f/b surgery and further completion therapy. If planning for chemotherapy first then get FNAc done first at least. Else she may be treated with surgery first f/b chemotherapies
Dr. Sandeep Nayak Bangalore | Surgical Oncologist
Dear sir, The main treatment for ovarian cancer is comprehensive surgery. The whole idea is to achieve it. There are 2 possibilities.. we could consider surgery and follow it with chemotherapy or perform a staging laparoscopy to assess the extent then plan to proceed based on the findings. It could be surgery first or chemo followed by surgery. There are times Western the surgery can be performed laparoscopy. I would prefer the second as I can do a complete assessment and make a plan.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. Well first thing is that I think she needs to undergo oophorectomy..she will definitely require both radiotherapy and chemotherapy...she needs to be examined by a gynaecologist first....I need to assess her general condition too suggest you further.please consult an oncologist