Oral problem

Quite often, I get ulcers in my mouth. I mean within a month or two, I get ulcers. Lasts for two-three days giving me a problem to eat food. Now since few days, my tongue developed a lump with some yellow thing on it. After browsing the internet, I tried some remedies - ice cubes, honey etc. I also see a big black cavity at the back of the top teeth. Overall, I am sad with my oral hygiene.

Doctor Answers (4) on Oral problem

Dr. Rashmi Punhani Bangalore | Pediatric Dentist
Hi there ...you need to visit a nearby dentist for proper diagnosis... And treatment of the cavities ... These can be due to trauma...I.e. Friction between your tongue and sharp edges of the tooth... Drink lots of water... Take care ..!!
Hi most of the time oral ulcers are stress induced..otherwise gastric upset is one of the major cause...and for this u need to consult ur physician otherwise visit ur dentist for best advice and proper diagnosis..best of luck take care
Hi.. You might be getting traumatic ulcers which usually happens if there is tongue and teeth friction or cheek biting. Visit dentist for permanent remedy. In the meantime you can apply pansoral gel five to six times daily on affected area. Regards
There are multiple problems to tackle. Firstly the ulcers. The cause of your ulcers can be determined by a good dentist- if they recur in the same spot constantly it could be a sharp tooth or some habit which is injurious. If associated with a fever, it could be an infection. If you have an acidity problem, that also causes ulcers. The treatment of ulcers involves both treating the cause and the symptoms. The lump on your tongue may or may not be associated with the ulcers. It is difficult to comment unless a doctor checks it clinically. The blackness on your teeth are perhaps favourites. These can be treated with simple fillings or may require root canals. Again, a dentist will check your teeth clinically and decide. Finally, since you already know your oral hygiene is poor, start there! Ask your dentist to teach you proper brushing technique. Make sure you're brushing twice daily and taking care of your teeth, gums and the rest of your mouth!