Ocd regarding cleanliness

I have ocd since 9 yrs.want to start treatmnt but is it safe to take medication while breastfeeding.

Doctor Answers (5) on Ocd regarding cleanliness

Dr. Swapna Patker Mumbai | Psychologist
Let the doctor decide if you have OCD . Please don't decide anything. Meet a proper clinical psychologist. Every problem has a solution. Discuss all your symptoms and present life situations.
Mr. Shemeem K. Hashim Ernakulam | General Physician
It is better to treat OCD in a combined fashion. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) with medication is proved very effective for OCD. But the medication should be given as per the instructions of a Medical Practitioner. Breast feeding time is not an advisable period for taking a number of medications. OCD is curable disorder if treated properly with the conscious efforts and co-operation of the patient.
Dr. Vikas Khanna Delhi | Hypnotherapist
It would be better if you start medications when you are off the breast -feeding. But before starting the medications I would recommend you to go through following article on O.C.D https://fit.practo.com/#!/content/18273
Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
Hello dear, OCD is a treatable clinical condition and yes safe options during pregnancy and breast feeding are present. You must tell your psychiatrist that you are breast feeding, and he can guide you through the safe options and other strategies to avoid exposure of the infant to medication. Hope this helps you..
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. Well you need to consult a psychiatrist first get yourself examined and then to be started on treatment...I understand your concern during breastfeeding but then not all tablets are passes om through breast milk...all you need to mention to doc that you are breast feeding so that they will be careful of the medicine ..thank you