Hello, PCOD is a problem in which a woman's hormones are out of balance. It can cause problems with your periods and make it difficult to get pregnant
. PCOS also may cause unwanted changes in the way you look. If it isn't treated, over time it can lead to serious health problems, such as diabetes
and heart disease. The most common symptoms are:Acne.Weight gain and trouble losing weight.Extra hair on the face and body.Thinning hair on the scalp.Irregular periods. Often women with PCOS have fewer than nine periods a year. Some women have no periods. Others have very heavy bleeding.Fertility problems. Many women who have PCOS have trouble getting pregnant(infertility).Depression.
Regular exercise, healthy foods, and weight control are the key treatments for PCOS. Treatment can reduce unpleasant symptoms and help prevent long-term health problems.
here is plan for diet and exercise. There are four keys to lose weight or fat: exercise, diet, sleep, and stress management.1.) Exercise: Vigorous exercise trims all your fat, including visceral fat.Get at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise at least 5 days a week. Walking counts, as long as it's brisk enough that you work up a sweat and breathe harder, with your heart rate faster than usual.To get the same results in half the time, step up your pace and get vigorous exercise -- likejogging or walking. You'd need to do that for 20 minutes a day, 4 days a week.Moderate activity -- raising your heart rate for 30 minutes at least three times per week -- also helps. It slows down how much visceral fat you gain. But to torch visceral fat, your workouts may need to be stepped up. Other things like playing volleyball, swimming, dance aerobics, tennis other field games which makes you sweat all does same effect. 2.) Diet: Certain guidelines that need to be considered for weight loss are:
1. Have 4 to 6 small meals and snacks everyday rather than 3 large meals. This will help you in controlling your hunger and the nutrients are also utilized effectively.
2. Plan your diet chart in advance. Hasty and incomplete planning can make you confused and can increase the temptation towards fatty and junk foods.
3. Chew your food properly as this can help you in reducing weight.
4. Plan your food items effectively. Include whole grain cereals, pulses, legumes, vegetables, fruits and water in your everyday diet.
5. Avoid fatty foods or high caloric foods. Avoid sugary foods, pastries and sweets.
6. Include large amounts of fruits and vegetables. Try to eat a total of 5 fruits and vegetables per day.
3. ) Sleep: Getting the right amount of good sleep also helps to reduce weight. Atleast 6 to 7 hours a day. 4.) Stress: Everyone has stress. How you handle it matters. The best things you can do include relaxing with friends and family, meditating,exercising to blow off steam, and getting counseling.
Exercise probably has the most immediate benefits, because it gets at both obesity and stress.”
For all these to work,, first you need to have inner motivation to lose weight.
Adding tab metformin to the treatment of PCOD, will help you to control weight.