Nutrition Related

Hi, I had been working out at the gym since around 6 months. I had been taking whey protein as a post workout drink. I wanted to know that is it entirely safe to consume whey protein as much as 1 scoop after my workout ? Please let me know.

Doctor Answers (1) on Nutrition Related

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello... I think you should know that, high intake is associated with bloating, nausea, loss of appetite etc. So try to include proteins in your diet from natural source rather than ready made form. If you are a non vegetarian try to eat skinned out boiled chicken 1-2 pieces twice a week, fish curry not fish fry as it is rich in vitamins, eat fresh raw sprouts everyday twice, include berries and fresh fruits and vegetables like avocado,pears, apples, citrus fruits,papaya,guava,carrots, tomatoes all this things are rich in fibres and vitamins. Your morning diet should include whole egg and a glass of milk, if possible nuts like almond, walnut, peanuts etc try to repeat this in the evening also. Include green leafy vegetables in your diet. Milk products like chesse,panner etc and meat can help you gain weight but since they contribute more towards fat and you need proteins instead of fat to build your body mass try to avoid it. Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. Do daily brisk walking, cycling for 5-6kms,yoga and meditation.if possible go for a trekking or join some rock climbing classes if such a facility is available in your place and do it on a regular basis which will help you in developing stamina and strength.if you are not satisfied kindly consult a dietician.