Neck and shoulders pain

Dear Dr , £ am suffering an neck pain and my shoulders are also getting so panic last few days I can't sleep properly I don't know what is does happened suddenly before I didn't suffered like that , please suggestions me what I does Dr. Thanks
views-icons 101 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Neck and shoulders pain

Dr. Anuradha Sharma Noida | Orthopedic Physiotherapist
X-Ray must for u n physiotherapy treatment for u
Dr. Raviraj Francis Mumbai | Physiotherapist
Hello there.....well there are lot of factors which contribute to shoulder and neck pain...a detail assessment is necessary.... can you answer some of my questions..... 1)what is your occoupation? 2)do you get dull or pinprick or tiking pain? 3)do you get pain/numbness/tingling in your hands 4)do you get pain over entire shoulder or more at the top or front side? 5)neck and shoulder pain is equal on both side or more on any one side? 6)what medications are you on right now? Dont worry.... this is not something for which you should panic.... do reply to my queries and i would be more than glad to advice you. Regards and take care.
Navi Mumbai | Physiotherapist
Hi there, as per your description of symptoms, it seems you might have nerve compression at cervical level of spine... you need to get yourself assessed with a physiotherapist or an orthopaedician for the same... a physio will perform some physical tests to confirm the diagnosis and will then be able to relieve your symptoms with proper protocol... TENS is the pain relieving modality recommended for you along with some fine cervical spine mobilisation. .. kindly note: that this is just an assumption on basis of your description of symptoms and not the confirmed diagnosis.... So, don't waste time before you see a physiotherapist. ... hope this helps... feel free to contact if still in doubt...