Myopia -LASIK

I have severe myopia in both eyes which is around -11 right now. The myopia started (or was noticed in school check ups) when I was around 4 years old. I want to know whether my eyesight can be corrected by LASIK or will it reduce the power to a less severe number and I would still have to wear glasses. If the latter what number would that ideally be ? Is it advisable for me to undergo this surgery? Also I welcome any related medical suggestions and information as to the costs of the surgery.

Dr. Susheel Deshmukh
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 11 yrs exp Coimbatore

ICL(IMPLANTABLE COLLAMER  LENS) IS A BETTER AND SAFER OPTION.
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello I am sorry but lasik will not be a good option for you...It will partially correct your myopia... best option for you is ICL
Dr. Ravi Thadani
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 34 yrs exp Delhi
I will try to answer all your questions briefly. Generally,There are 4 ways to correct the number : 1) use of glasses 2) contact lens 3) lasik 4) ICL Lasik is laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis and is most common eye procedure done now a days for correction of refractive error (i. E glass removal. It uses laser for computerized micro changes inside cornea correcting your number. The procedure is highly advanced with use of high precision lasers and takes around 20-30 min to complete the procedure. Its very safe and effective. The number of maximum upto 10 Diopters can be corrected with it (due to corneal thickness limitations).Also, you should fulfill certain criteria before going for lasik. Criteria are: 1) Stable number for atleast 1yr.  (2) CORNEAL Thickness (> 500 ùm). (3) Age > 18 yrs. (4) Vision with glasses completely corrected to 6/6.  The cost depends on type of lasik done and depends on the power to be corrected. It ranges from 16k to 60K . In your case it is definitely a bit costly if you are eligible candidate for Lasik. ICL is done in those patients where Lasik cannot be done or contraindicated. It is more costly compared to Lasik as it can correct number 10 dioptre and above and requires some degree of expertise in this field. To know more details or resolve your doubts, consult me. To know whether you your corneal thickness is appropriate for Lasik or not , visit us to get tested. We have done many cases of Lasik  and ICL at our Hospital. I hope you find my answer helpful to you.
Dr. Nikhil Negalur
Ophthalmologist 10 yrs exp Pune
To undergo any procedure your number should be constant for atleast 6months. A pre operative series of tests need to be done to determine the whether any procedure can be done.
Lasik/ICL work up followed by retina examination.
Dr. Rajen Mehta
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 3 yrs exp Rajkot
LASIK can correct up to 12 diopters Of myopia. So you can go ahead. But before that you need to undergo retina screening by retina surgeon. And then your refractive surgeon will do corneal topography and explain you in detail regarding various LASIK options.