High Myopia

I am suffering from high myopia and wear glass with -11 no. in each eye. AIIMS Delhi doc advised to go for Intraocular Lenses i.e ICL. I want to know that is it possible to remove specs for through LASIK in my case? Also let me know which is better ICL or LASIK as far as accuracy is concerned.

Doctor Answers (1) on High Myopia

Dr. Ravi Thadani Delhi | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Both are commonly done procedure nowadays. But, ICL is usually done in those cases where Lasik cannot be done, or it may be problematic for patient at later stage. Also, ICL is more costly compared to Lasik. In terms of accuracy, both are more or less equally accurate. It seems like you might not be eligible for Lasik, that's why doctor has advised you for ICL. It's pretty safe, and you can go for it. For more details visit www.ravieyefoundation.in . We have done many cases ICL at our center, so in case you want to opt for surgery, you can visit our center for discount on it. (Just mention practo consult to the doctor)