Myopia progression
I am 19 years old.. I just went from - 1.5 to - 2.00D in left eye(sphl) and - 3.25 to - 3.5D in right eye(sphl)... I believed that after 18 it would get stable but it is increasing everytime i visit my doc.. Will this progressive myopia come to a stable point?? If yes then at what age?? I am worried that if it changes like this in futute it would become huge.. . I am a mobile addict and a computer science engineering student... Plizz help me doctor

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello 1./myopia becomes stable at age between 18-20 yrs. 2. So don't worry ..now it will not increase much
Dr. Harisha N L

Refractive errors like myopia are usually because of disproportionate growth of the eye ball resulting in increased axial length. Hence it is common to find increase in refractive error in childhood till the growth of the eye ball stops. This will occur by 18-20 years after which usually most of the refractive erorrs become stable and will not show any further increase in the refractive error....myopia can be treated by lasik surgery.right time for the surgery is after 18years.you must undergo medical checkup before surgery and there s certain criteria for undergoing lasik surgery..the cost of the surgery varies from hospital to hospital.i recommended you to consult in trust hospital where they do for less mony and ensure the quality...Consult ophthalmologist they will do the needful.