Muscle pain on left leg.

I have a pain on my left leg in the thigh area. My muscles and bones cause friction when I walk and this causes me to limp. Please explain the cause. Thank you.

Doctor Answers (2) on Muscle pain on left leg.

Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Piriformis Stretch 1. Lie on your back. ... 2. Cross your left leg over your right so that your left ankle rests on your right knee. 3. Use your hands to grab hold of your left knee and pull it gently toward the opposite shoulder. ... 4. Hold for 15 to 30 seconds. 5. Relax, and then repeat with the other leg. 6. Repeat this cycle 2 to 4 times. : Keep your leg raised while sitting or lying Quadriceps strengthening exercises- Quad Clenches: Lie flat on your back or sit upright on a chair with leg kept horizontally on another surface. Now, tighten the muscle on the front of the thigh by pushing your knee down. You should feel your thigh muscles clench, Hold for 3 secs. Repeat 10 times twice a day. Short Arcs: Lie flat on your back or sit upright with your leg placed horizontally on a flat surface like a chair or bed. Place a rolled up towel under the knee. Pull your toes towards you and clench you thigh muscles. Slowly lift your foot up off the bed until your knee is straight (keep your knee resting on the towel). Hold for 3 secs and slowly lower them on the chair. Repeat 10 times twice a day. Straight Leg Raise: Lie flat on your back. One leg and knee will be straight and other leg should be bent. Pull your toes towards you and tighten/clench the muscle on the front of the thigh, locking your knee straight. Lift your foot up in the air, about 6 inches off the bed. Hold for 3 secs and slowly lower the leg. The knee must remain straight the whole time you are doing this exercise.
Dr. Dimple Kapasi Mumbai | Physiotherapist
Hi,
Did you walk or exercise a lot?
If it's the front thigh muscle pain, do the following stretching and see if it helps you.

STOP if pain increases, you should just feel the stretch on the front thigh and nothing else.

An exercise to stretch the quadriceps muscle, the large muscle in the front of the thigh.

To do this exercise:
Lie on side.
Rest head on pillow or hand.
Bend knee that is on top.
Grab heel of that leg.
Gently pull that leg until front of thigh stretches.
Hold position for at least 30 secs